Additional LP-E6 Power with Tekkeon Battery Packs
September 4, 2012
If you follow this blog, you’ve probably heard of those Tekkeon battery packs that are used to power our 600 & 900 LED video lights. Here’s another helpful Tekkeon tip from Rod Guajardo who uses the Tekkeon Battery Packs as external power for the Canon 5D for super long run times [Thanks Rod]. This solution would work with any camera that uses LP-E6 such as the 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D, and 60D. In order to send the power to the camera, he’s using the Canon LP-E6 DC adapter found below.
Canon DR-E6 DC Coupler Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D
He combines the LP-E6 dummy battery with his Tekkeon MP3450 for longer run times, but another good tip he didn’t mention was that there is also an Extended Battery (seen here) that can be combined to double the capacity of that Tekkeon solution. There is an example of what that extra capacity battery looks like in one of my older videos (here).
You can find Tekkeon Battery solutions via B&H following the link (Click Here).
Tekkeon Battery Packs + Tekkeon Extended Bundle
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Emm on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- Dan on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- frenchmonkeys on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Eliu on Glide Gear DEV Dolly Giveaway
- Ryan on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Hogo on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Chas on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track