Additional LP-E6 Power with Tekkeon Battery Packs
September 4, 2012
If you follow this blog, you’ve probably heard of those Tekkeon battery packs that are used to power our 600 & 900 LED video lights. Here’s another helpful Tekkeon tip from Rod Guajardo who uses the Tekkeon Battery Packs as external power for the Canon 5D for super long run times [Thanks Rod]. This solution would work with any camera that uses LP-E6 such as the 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D, and 60D. In order to send the power to the camera, he’s using the Canon LP-E6 DC adapter found below.
Canon DR-E6 DC Coupler Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D
He combines the LP-E6 dummy battery with his Tekkeon MP3450 for longer run times, but another good tip he didn’t mention was that there is also an Extended Battery (seen here) that can be combined to double the capacity of that Tekkeon solution. There is an example of what that extra capacity battery looks like in one of my older videos (here).
You can find Tekkeon Battery solutions via B&H following the link (Click Here).
Tekkeon Battery Packs + Tekkeon Extended Bundle
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera