Additional LP-E6 Power with Tekkeon Battery Packs
September 4, 2012
If you follow this blog, you’ve probably heard of those Tekkeon battery packs that are used to power our 600 & 900 LED video lights. Here’s another helpful Tekkeon tip from Rod Guajardo who uses the Tekkeon Battery Packs as external power for the Canon 5D for super long run times [Thanks Rod]. This solution would work with any camera that uses LP-E6 such as the 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D, and 60D. In order to send the power to the camera, he’s using the Canon LP-E6 DC adapter found below.
Canon DR-E6 DC Coupler Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D
He combines the LP-E6 dummy battery with his Tekkeon MP3450 for longer run times, but another good tip he didn’t mention was that there is also an Extended Battery (seen here) that can be combined to double the capacity of that Tekkeon solution. There is an example of what that extra capacity battery looks like in one of my older videos (here).
You can find Tekkeon Battery solutions via B&H following the link (Click Here).
Tekkeon Battery Packs + Tekkeon Extended Bundle
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marcus on RodeLink FIlmmaker Wireless Lavalier Microphone Audio System Review and Distance Test
- bestavi on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- josh miller on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- eddie on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- Bobby Washington on Big Balance Gimbals – PhotoPLus Expo 2014
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers