Additional LP-E6 Power with Tekkeon Battery Packs
September 4, 2012
If you follow this blog, you’ve probably heard of those Tekkeon battery packs that are used to power our 600 & 900 LED video lights. Here’s another helpful Tekkeon tip from Rod Guajardo who uses the Tekkeon Battery Packs as external power for the Canon 5D for super long run times [Thanks Rod]. This solution would work with any camera that uses LP-E6 such as the 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D, and 60D. In order to send the power to the camera, he’s using the Canon LP-E6 DC adapter found below.
Canon DR-E6 DC Coupler Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D
He combines the LP-E6 dummy battery with his Tekkeon MP3450 for longer run times, but another good tip he didn’t mention was that there is also an Extended Battery (seen here) that can be combined to double the capacity of that Tekkeon solution. There is an example of what that extra capacity battery looks like in one of my older videos (here).
You can find Tekkeon Battery solutions via B&H following the link (Click Here).
Tekkeon Battery Packs + Tekkeon Extended Bundle
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime