Add Grip to your Universal Lens Gear Spokes
June 21, 2012
Tommy Williamson had problems getting his D|Gear Universal Lens Gear to stay on the Canon 50mm F/1.8 lens. Who wouldn’t? That focus ring is pretty slim. His solution was to dip the tips of the spokes in Plasti-Dip (normally used to coat the handles of tools). The Plasti-Dip is some very durable stuff, and comes in a variety of colors. [Thanks Tommy] The Black on Black looks invisible and keeps the unit looking the same. If you ask me, this should be something offered coming right from the factory. Pretty simple idea, but seems to make a world of difference to prevent the spokes from slipping out.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Bigosa on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Bob on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- Val on Fancier FC-02H Fluid Head Review
- Emm on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Hogo on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Emm on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- editwizard on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- Pops on HUGE Savings on LEXAR CFast 2.0 3400X Media Cards