5D Mark III Firmware with Atomos Ninja 2
May 6, 2013
If you’re still wondering whether or not it’s worth working with an external HDMI recorder with the new Canon 5D Mark III firmware, this excellent video from Vimeo member Stefan Czech should answer any of your questions.
In short, you may not easily see a difference from the file recorded from in camera when comparing it to the recorded file from something like the Atomos Ninja 2, but it will make a significant difference as you start to adjust colors in post. Another benefit of course is running longer than the 29 minute video limit when recording from the HDMI output (great for guys who have to leave a B-cam rolling).
The Atomos Ninja 2 is not just an external recorder, but also doubles as a pretty handy external monitor. New lowered prices were introduced during the NAB 2013 hoping to make the unit more affordable to 5D Mark III shooters who want better quality from post (found here).
Atomos Ninja 2 HDMI Recorder 5D Mark III
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Paul on Varavon Black Friday Deals Another Price Cut on Birdycam2 3-Axis Gimbal
- Emm on Rokinon 12mm Wide Angle Prime Lens DEAL
- Scott on Rokinon 12mm Wide Angle Prime Lens DEAL
- Emm on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty Gimbal Finally Available Ready to Ship
- Emm on DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
- Emm on Save -$500 OFF Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera DVEStore
- Jossif on DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
- J Toha on Save -$500 OFF Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera DVEStore