Matt writes in to share an LED light panel find via eBay. Normally you’d filter down to Video or Camera lighting, so you might have missed this one (I know I did). These are LED panels used as grow lights for indoor plants or aquarium accent lighting. This particular panel holds 225 LED’s spaced out to cover a decent area. With 4 of these, you’d be working your way up to a 900 LED light source that is said to be rated at 5600K. Not too bad.
There’s two versions that they sell, one being an ‘upgraded’ Ultrathin version. No specs on actual color temperature from that listing, but the ultrathin looks pretty nice. Since these aren’t stamped under video or photo, they run extremely cheap. I just ordered one to test to see if it’s a DIY start, but at worst case it’ll be great for my Photo Cocoon lightbox or place it over my aquarium. Nice that they already come in a housing (looks like aluminum but most likely plastic). They are offered in a variety of mixed color LED’s or just plain white. Make sure you check on the ones that specify ‘white only’ and you can find them below. [Thanks Matt]
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- rgbcolor on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Dan on F&V Metica 7″ HDMI+SDI Plus and SpectraHD 4 EVF
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?