Looks like Yongnuo is always one step ahead of me. Earlier I posted about their 135 LED Video light, which uses rechargeable batteries and can be charged via USB. Looks like they are well on their way to building up more accessories for DSLR video and the 160 LED is the next in line. This wasn’t on their website the last time I checked, but here it is already for sale today. Here’s where it gets a bit confusing, so try to follow along. It ‘looks’ like the CN-160 which is a larger version of the CN-126. The goose neck deal looks very similar, but the Yongnuo YN-160 is a different light than the CN-160.
Back of YN-160
Back of CN-160 (OLD Version)
Ok, so we know it’s not the same light, and the Yongnuo’s are putting out barndoors. Might be good, might be bad. Here’s another thing that will confuse you even more. The old CN-160 has had a major overhaul and tries to mimic the design of the Z96! My head is spinning, but hopefully you’re all following. Here’s the latest build on the CN-160 with stacking capabilities to create a single larger light panel and a better goose neck than the previous models. This looks like a true rival for the Z96 which sells for way more than this ‘new’ CN-160.
So as far as 160 LED Video lights go – it doesn’t look like Yongnuo’s 160 is ’stacking’ up. No pun intended…ok i’m lying..pun was definitely intended. The latest Dimmable 160 LED Video Lights found here:
Yongnuo 160 LED Video Camera Light
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Brian on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tery Wilson on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?